[Mimedefang] Milter: temp failing commands

Bob Robichaud support at compmore.net
Thu Oct 9 14:32:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this problem.
I am using the latest mimedefang and sendmail, and clamd on a Sendmail
Gateway running FreeBSD 4.9 Pre Release.  I also use 3 blacklists including
spamcop.  I suspect it is spamcop causing multiple errors such as did not
issue /MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA.  Is the following error
related.

milter: connect: host= whatever.somedomain.com addr=xxx.xxx.xxx temp failing
commands

When I telnet my gateway server smtp1.compmore.net 25 from a remote network
I get a greeting almost immediately

Regards,
Bob Robichaud