[Mimedefang] OT: Validing email address in Exchange

Graham Dunn gdunn at inscriber.com
Mon Nov 24 18:05:11 EST 2003

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 10:07:25AM -0500, Ray Parish wrote:
> Sorry for the OT:
> Figured some of you all are using mimedefang in front of your Exchange envi=
> roment and perhaps have the same issue.
>
> I would like to configure sendmail using LDAP to check the validity of an e=
> mail before accepting the message.
> I know sendmail can make the LDAP calls, just a little stumped at the ldap =
> search query that needs to be preformed.

The followup:

Here's a perl script that works in the shell, but I don't have the
time right now to integrate it into being run from mimedefang. If
anyone wants to help out by adjusting the "die" messages ( I vaguely
remember David saying something about how they were a no-no in
slaves), or telling me where my perl is brutally inefficient, please
do.

Right now it just prints yea / nea, the code for returning the REJECT
or CONTINUE codes is commented out.

Graham