[Mimedefang] Bug (or at best, "undocumented behaviour") in milter

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Nov 14 12:04:59 EST 2003

Hi,

One of our CanIt customers found a bug (or if you're charitable,
undocumented behaviour) in milter.

If the reply string contains a "%", then milter issues a failure
code.  For example, if in filter_sender, you use this:

	return("TEMPFAIL", "Not 100% sure who you are");

it will break and return a permanent failure code.

I've filed a bug report with sendmail.org.  If it's a bug, they will
fix it.  If it's undocumented behavior that is guaranteed not to change,
I will modify mimedefang to fix it.