[Mimedefang] whiltelist_from format.

Martin Ferguson martin at mve.com
Mon May 26 09:28:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

I want to whitelist a bunch of domains, I'm unsure which formats are
supported in the sa-mimedefang.cf file, if I have;

whitelist_from	*@domain.com

this works, however;

whitelist_from	*.domain.com

doesn't.  There's slightly conflicting information in the SpamAssassin
man page and the comments in the default sa-mimedefang.cf file, from
'man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf'
---------------
Whitelist and blacklist addresses are now file-glob-style patterns,
so "friend at somewhere.com", "*@isp.com", or "*.domain.net" will all
work.  Regular expressions are not used for security reasons.
----------------
It would appear the *.domain.com is acceptable, however the comments in
the sa-mimedefang.cf file read
----------------
Whitelist and blacklist addresses are *not* patterns; they're just
normal
strings.  one exception is that "*@isp.com" is allowed.  They should be
in
lower-case.  You can either add multiple addrs on one line,
whitespace-separated, or you can use multiple lines.

Since *.domain.com doesn't appear to work, I would take the comments the
in sa-mimedefang.cf file as correct.

Am I doing something wrong or is this the case? If so why? Being able to
whitelist complete domains including sub-domains with one whitelist
entry is very useful.

I'm using MimeDefang 2.32, SpamAssassin 2.44.

Thanks
Martin.