[Mimedefang] MimeDefang + SpamAssassin on Solaris 9

Mathew Thomas mathew.thomas at rmit.edu.au
Sun May 25 21:44:01 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I am now certain that my SpamAssassin part is not working, rest of the features are working fine.
I read in one of the newsgroup mail that by  adding couple of lines as below in mimedefang-filter file will put X-Spam headers to mail.
md_log_enable();   # beginning of the filter
(my $log_names = $names)=~s/,/;/g;
md_log('spam_score', $hits, $log_names);

This is not working (not putting X-spam headers)  for me, but it logged  as below . All the mail , the  spam score is zero.

May 26 10:32:49 iris mimedefang.pl[306]: [ID 702911 mail.info] MDLOG,h4Q0WkrL000413,spam_score,0,,<mztau at yahoo.com>,<mathew at jasmine.its.rmit.edu.au>,Turn $25 into $500,000 in 6 months - Please READ !!

When I tested the same mail above with the subject "Turn $25 into $500,000 in 6 months - Please READ !! "  with the following command, it scored 44.1

sapmassassin -t < mail-msg

Has anyone successfully installed MIMEDefang+ SpamAssassin on Solaris 9?  I don't know where I am wrong?  If it won't work properly on Solaris 9, I can try it on Solaris 8.

Thanks
Mathew Thomas
RMIT University