[Mimedefang] Editing mimedefang.p --- Was : Ignoring Certain Domains -

James McKiernan James.McKiernan at robertwalters.com.au
Sun May 25 20:03:00 EDT 2003

Quoting Michael Sims :

"mimedefang-filter is definitely where you want to put your filter script.
mimedefang.pl is part of the distribution and I imagine it will be
overwritten
when you 'make install' a newer version of MIMEDefang.  For more info, look
at
the man pages for mimedefang.pl and mimedefang-filter..."

Thanks Michael,

As for the editing of mimedefang.pl, I did suspect that this was dangerous
but it was the only place I could easily change the functionality of the
program to:

1. Send a custom quarantine warning to recipient and sender.

2. Change / preserve  quarantined filenames back to their original for easy
recovery.

Has anyone done this or anything like this within mimedefang-filter?

James.

CAUTION: Electronic mail sent through the Internet is not secure and could
be intercepted by a third party.

your systems administrator.

http://www.messagelabs.com/stats.asp