[Mimedefang] SMTP error return after DATA?

Michael Sims michaels at crye-leike.com
Fri May 9 12:27:01 EDT 2003

Quoting "David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>:

> Why not change it so that your published MX record is a MIMEDefang machine
> that relays to your existing mail server?  You can have the internal mail
> server use the MIMEDefang box as a smarthost for outgoing mail.

Thanks to you, Randy Fox, and everyone else who suggested this.  I just had a
mental blind spot I guess and didn't consider pointing my MX to a different
machine.  That does make a lot more sense.  I should have known to check with
the list before taking on anything this involved. :)

Thanks again, everyone...

Michael Sims
Project Analyst - Information Technology
Crye-Leike Realtors
Office: (901)758-5648  Pager: (901)769-3722