[Mimedefang] SMTP error return after DATA?

Fox, Randy Randy_Fox at csgsystems.com
Fri May 9 10:33:00 EDT 2003

Separate your central hub (this system) function from your relay (smart host) function.  This way, your users are unaffected by external traffic/load.  Put MD/SA on the relay and point your public MX record at it.  You can use mailertable to direct inbound mail from the relay to your central hub and use smart host to direct mail from the central hub to the relay.  As you add this new relay, the only system you'll have to reconfigure is the hub, not the desktops.

Randy