[Mimedefang] SpamAssassin_quarantine

Jason Radford jasonml at iconimaging.net
Thu May 8 19:38:01 EDT 2003

On Thu, 8 May 2003 16:16:16 -0700 (PDT)
Carol Man <mimedefang at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Hum... let me see if I understood..
>
>  I installed SendMail, SpamAssassin, Perl Modules and
> MIMEDefang. When I tried to make tests with bad
> extensions and larger messages, the Mimedefang
> filtered very well. Is SpamAssassin a filter? I mean,
> the program doesn't allow the spam and also send a
> score report  to the receiver, right? Because I think
> I'm doing the wrong configuration...
>
>  If would like to give 5 points in the required_hits
> and I change the value in
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf, but the
> SpamAssassin is still incoming spam (allowing spams
> with 6.6 points, for example)... how could I change
> the configuration based in the default
> howto-configuration?

in /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter if you add the

if ($hits >= $req) {
                action_quarantine_entire_message();
                action_discard();
		{

It will make a copy of the message in the quarantine
directory and then discard the message (this will
not prevent the message from being delivered, hence
calling the action_discard() is needed).

$req is taken from whatever you have configured
for a spam threshold in /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf

At least that's how I have it running, and it seems to
be fine.

-Jason