[Mimedefang] SpamAssassin_quarantine

Carol Man mimedefang at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 19:17:01 EDT 2003

 Hum... let me see if I understood..

 I installed SendMail, SpamAssassin, Perl Modules and
MIMEDefang. When I tried to make tests with bad
extensions and larger messages, the Mimedefang
filtered very well. Is SpamAssassin a filter? I mean,
the program doesn't allow the spam and also send a
score report  to the receiver, right? Because I think
I'm doing the wrong configuration...

 If would like to give 5 points in the required_hits
and I change the value in
/etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf, but the
SpamAssassin is still incoming spam (allowing spams
with 6.6 points, for example)... how could I change
the configuration based in the default
howto-configuration?

 Well, as you can see I'm really lost.. I'm a new user
of MIMEDefang..  =P

 Thanks a lot!

 Carol