[Mimedefang] Rejecting "double-byte" characters

Whatley, Lee (CBA) lee at cba.ua.edu
Tue May 6 14:39:01 EDT 2003

I've been told that I need to start rejecting incoming messages that
contain "double-byte" characters because these characters apparrently
freak out the backup software that we are using.  I have seen the
example of rejecting Korean charactersets (which are double-byte if I
recall correctly) at
http://www.roaringpenguin.com/mimedefang/canit/recipes.php3 but I need
to know if there is ether way to get all double-byte charactersets on
one swoop, or if I will have to put in an if-statement for each specific
characterset I have to block?

Thanks,

-Lee S. Whatley
System Administrator, University of Alabama C&BA
205.348.6607