[Mimedefang] Using synthesize_received_header for quarantined mail

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Tue May 6 14:34:00 EDT 2003

With the introduction of synthesize_received_header() in MD 2.33, it
occurred to me that it might be nice to make use of it when
quarantining mail.  Currently the Sender, received_ip, etc. are
included in the administrator quarantine notification, but they're
not stored anywhere else.

Looking at the code for action_quarantine_entire_message, it appears
that ENTIRE_MESSAGE is transferred to the quarantine directory via
copy_or_link, which I assume is more efficient than reading the
(potentially large) message in and writing it out again.

Would it make more sense to include a synthesized header in a
separate file (eg, HEADERS.1) vs. prepending it to HEADERS and
ENTIRE_MESSAGE?

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager