[Mimedefang] removing virus attachments already on system

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Fri May 2 13:55:00 EDT 2003

I have been running mime-defang the procmail version for a long time, on my
production mail server.

I am working on upgrading the the new version of mime-defang as a milter
plugin.
(Working on getting spamassassin to include user-preferences..thanks for the
information so far Dave.)

Not ready to implement that on our production mail server, but it appears to
work correctly.
No questions about that!

I have not been blocking eml files.
Yesterday I install mcacee command line scanner and scanned my
/var/spool/mail file.
I found a number of virus's.
How can I safely remove the exising virus's from my existing /var/spool/mail
files?

I can pipe the output of any of the /var/spool/mail files through the new
mimedefang, or my exising mime-defang procmail script.
How exactly do I accomplish this?

I want to squash all attachments on existing /var/spool/mail files that
contain virus's as detected by uvscan.

--Luke