[Mimedefang] newbie question: are all the rules hardcoded?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Mar 10 10:54:01 EST 2003

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Eric Wood wrote:

> Can I make MD create these directories in /dev/shm instead of the hard disk
> except for large emails?

No (well, unless you modify the code.)  It spools everything in the
same directory, regardless of size.  You can certainly use tmpfs if
you like.

> I can only imagine how much thrashing my server
> will go through if all these directories happen on disk rather than ram.

Actually, on Linux, it makes hardly any difference.  On Solaris, though,
you'll notice a slowdown.

> But, I want to
> make sure that MD somehow supports virtual domains.

The basic infrastructure is there.

> 4. Now the *big* question.  I'd love to avoid modifying code if possible.

We offer a commercial product called CanIt-PRO that lets you manage
all these preferences via a Web-based GUI.  http://www.canit.ca/

If you want to stick with the free software, I think you'd be wasting time
writing code to parse a configuration file; it's much easier to edit the
Perl filter directly.