[Mimedefang] Per recipient Spam scanning

Tony Nugent tony at linuxworks.com.au
Thu Mar 6 19:53:00 EST 2003

On Thu Mar 06 2003 at 16:04, "Tony L. Cratz" wrote:

> 	I have just installed mimedefang on an OpenBSD system at the
> 	ISP I work for. We want to offer Spam scanning on a per recipient
> 	basics for out customers that have purchase our filtering service.

> 	(personal note: I would just provide the service but the boss
> 	want to offer this for an extra fee. So please no comment on this
> 	issue)

Sorry, but I am going to comment...

I don't disagree about doing this for spam (after all, it is a
value-added service that requires your time and expertise to set
up and maintain).

But IMHO it is close to being immoral not to weed out viruses... all
your clients' email should at least be scanned for that.  It is in
everyone's best interest (including your ISP) to at least do this.

imho.

> Tony

Cheers
Tony