[Mimedefang] Mimedefang, sendmail, spamassassin relay only.

Gerald gcoon at inch.com
Mon Jun 23 16:03:07 EDT 2003

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, David F. Skoll wrote:

> What are you trying to do?  Have mail for some domains scanned, but
> not others?  You might want to try stream_by_domain (see the
> mimedefang-filter man page.)

Yep. Thanks for the reference. I'll read it as soon as I finish this
reply. :-)

> You'd need two separate Sendmail configuration files and two separate
> Sendmail daemons.  It's doable, but the book-keeping would get pretty
> nightmarish.  The daemons would need separate mailertable databases,
> etc.

*DOH* I was hoping there was another way. The setup I've worked up with
the virtusertable entry will work for this though. All I have to do is
make sure lowest MX is the spamtagging box for the domains I want relayed
through it and the notify the spamtagging server where the final
destination is.

I have one more question, but I'll put it in another e-mail.

Thanks for the help and pointers, even where it confirmed what I was
dreading.

Gerald