[Mimedefang] relay_sender DISCARD

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Jun 26 11:31:02 EDT 2003

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Du Plooy, Ernst wrote:

> The reason I'm using filter_sender is to drop the mail (for certain
> senders) before receiving all of the data.

But you still have to receive all of the data; otherwise the sending
relay will get upset and retry the message.  (Just think about how
DISCARD would work...)

Anyway, you'll be happy to know that I added the DISCARD option for
filter_relay/filter_sender/filter_recipient.  Release 2.34 is
being regression-tested as I write and should be out later today.

There's one weird thing about milter, though:  If you return
SMFIS_DISCARD from xxfi_envrcpt, it discards the mail for
*all* recipients, not just one particular recipient.  Beware of that!