[Mimedefang] spamassassin and mimedefang [problem with some scores]

Cristian Banciu Cristian.Banciu at eea.eu.int
Tue Jun 24 04:06:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have a mail server running mimedefang 2.21 and spamassassin 2.44. I want that mails which come from non-existing domains to get a high score. I saw in /usr/share/spamassassin that there is a test called NO_MX_FOR_FROM which has already a score of 3.09. I enabled rbl check, and put
check_mx_attempts 2
check_mx_delay 5
score NO_MX_FOR_FROM 5
in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

Now, if I run from command line spamassassin -t </var/spool/mail/user_with_mail_from_unexisting_domain, it generates a spam report with mark 5 for non-existing-domain.
If I telnet on port 25 and say mail from:<user at unexisting.domain> the mail is accepted and not marked as spam.
I guess there is something wrong in the way spamassassin is called by the mimedefang, but I cannot figure out what.
Could anyone help me, please?

Thank you!