[Mimedefang] McAfee auto-update script problem

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ansf.alcatel.fr
Mon Jun 16 11:40:00 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 05:27:21PM +0200, Stephane Lentz wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 04:55:55PM +0200, Ole Holm Nielsen wrote:
> > I tried the McAfee auto-update script recommended by Lucas Albers, see
> >    http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2003-June/006135.html
> > but it hangs when trying to use "lynx -dump" to get a directory
> > listing of ftp://ftp.nai.com/pub/antivirus/datfiles/4.x
> > This was tested on a number of different redhat versions.
> >
> > There is no problem to see the listing when using ncftp,
> > so it seems that "lynx" doesn't work as expected.
> >
> > Questions:
> > 1. Has anyone else gotten the mentioned update script to
> >    work, or found an even better script ?
> > 2. Is there a script for getting also any extra.dat file ?
> > 3. How exactly does one get the virus name as reported by uvscan
> >    (context-diff of scripts, for example) ?
> >
> > Thanks for your help,

For all McAfee users, there are several update scripts referenced on :
- http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=amavis-user&w=2&r=1&s=mcafee+update+script&q=b
There does also exist :
- http://www.wakatara.com/virdat/
- http://freshmeat.net/projects/vupdate/

Regards,

SL/
---
Stephane Lentz
Alcanet International, Internet Services