[Mimedefang] Where do I tell ClamAV where to put the socket?

Kris Deugau kdeugau at webhart.net
Sat Jun 14 14:37:01 EDT 2003

"David F. Skoll" wrote:
> I recommend putting it in /var/spool/MIMEDefang/clamav.sock
> Also, you must run clamd as "defang", so you need to tweak your
> clam configuration files.
>
> The clam configuration file something like /etc/clamav.conf,
> /usr/local/etc/clamav.conf, or /usr/share/clamav.conf depending
> on how clam was installed.

Another kick to my head for forgetting about this.

And yet another kick to my head for very carefully not setting MD to
look for clamav.sock, and telling clamd to create clamav.sock.

Arg.

But it works now.

-kgd
[I must be getting better at this "System Administrator" thing.  I
haven't made any really stupid mistakes for, oh, almost a day now.]
apartment it is.