[Mimedefang] Where do I tell ClamAV where to put the socket?

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Thu Jun 12 23:09:08 EDT 2003

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Kris Deugau wrote:

> I'm trying to get ClamAV online (originally just for my personal server,

Here's a basic example of a /usr/local/etc/clamav.conf that would work
with MIMEDefang:

LogFile /var/log/clamav.log
LogFileMaxSize 100K
LogTime
PidFile /var/spool/MIMEDefang/clamd.pid
LocalSocket /var/spool/MIMEDefang/clamd.sock
MaxDirectoryRecursion 15
User defang
ScanArchive
ArchiveMaxFileSize 10M
ArchiveMaxRecursion 5
ArchiveMaxFiles 1000

(clamav.log would have to be touch'd and chown'd to user defang)

If you don't run MD as user 'defang' replace defang with that user.  If
your MD spool directory isn't /var/spool/MIMEDefang, replace it with
yours.

See 'man clamav.conf' for more info about the various options you can set
in there.

Even though the latest "stable" version of clamav is 0.54, you may want
to be running the latest snapshot version instead
(http://clamav.elektrapro.com/snapshot/clamav-20030605.tar.gz)

  Jason

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA