[Mimedefang] Re: MIMEDefang and RH7.3 and Sendmail-8.12.9 with milter

G. Roderick Singleton gerry at pathtech.org
Mon Jun 2 21:21:01 EDT 2003

G. Roderick Singleton wrote:
> David F. Skoll wrote:
>
>> G. Roderick Singleton wrote:
>>

>>> Reran sendmail -bs -d44.4 and got:
>>

>> Actually, please try:
>>
>>     sendmail -bt -d44.4 < /dev/null
>>
>> I didn't see any MIMEDefang-related output in the text you posted before;
>> do you still have the milter definition commented out in your .cf file?
>>
>> Regards,
>>

> Nope. I have asked elsewhere if the incantation also belongs in the
> submit.cf. You answered no. Good quesion though:-) as it wouldn't be the
> first time I did something dumb.
>
> As I have troubleshot the problem, more and more i have come to believe
> it's related to the newest RH7.3 kernel. e.g. ps() is broken in the same
> fashion as was discussed in this newsgroup a few days ago. I have no
> older version to confirm my suspicisions.
>
> ger

Okay to test outbound one should use sendmail -bt -d44.4

I found the problem and it was a typo. I cut and pasted the lines needed
in the .mc and these lines had a one letter difference between what
works and what doesn't. For anyone seeing this thread later. the lines
needed in your .mc are as follows if you install mimedefang as usual:

define(`MILTER', `1')dnl
define(`confMILTER_LOG_LEVEL', 6)dnl
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
`S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, F=T, T=S:1m;R:1m;E:5m')dnl
dnl INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
`S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEdefang/mimedefang.sock')dnl

The bad line is the dnl'd one.

Thanks everyone for your patience and suggestions.

ger