[Mimedefang] dsn=4.0.0, stat=I/O error: I/O error

Xiaoyan Ma xma at haas.berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 8 17:55:01 EDT 2003

Thank you so much for your help.

We don't have caching DNS running any more.  But I added the X flag to 
Mlocal and I am flushing the queue now (for some reason -qf didn't work 
well).  I will post to let you know if the X flag fixes the problem.

BTW, I was wondering if you have both daemons check /etc/mail/aliases 
file?  If so, do you get 2 copies for each alias?

Thanks again.


At 04:20 PM 7/8/2003 -0400, you wrote:
> >We brought up the new architecture "sendmail -> trend micro -> sendmail +MD
> >+SA " into production, the system load looks very good, but we have 2 
> issuses:
> >
> >1. There are messages with dsn=4.0.0, stat=I/O error: I/O error got stuck
> >in the queue.  The log shows:
> >
> >    Jul  8 08:47:36 mail-a-eth0 sendmail[89]: [ID 801593 mail.info]
> >h67GiCUr009106: to=<xxxxx at haas.berkeley.edu>, dela
> >y=23:03:20, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=local, pri=2008035,
> >relay=localhost.haas.berkeley.edu., dsn=4.0.0, stat=I/O error: I/O error
> > .
> > .
> >Xiaoyan
>Hi Xiaoyan,
>I run a -very- similar setup, and I started seeing the same I/O error.  I 
>-did- find a TrendMicro doc (Solution 11707) which recommended adding the 
>'X' switch to the local mailer.  That didn't help.  I then tried without 
>MD, and that didn't make a difference.
>I think I've found the problem.  I run a caching DNS locally on the same 
>box, and that seems to be having problems.  Taking it out of resolv.conf 
>and using sendmail -v -qf seems to be clearing the queue nicely.
>Hope this helps.
>MIMEDefang mailing list
>MIMEDefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com

More information about the MIMEDefang mailing list