[Mimedefang] dsn=4.0.0, stat=I/O error: I/O error

Rajesh Bhandari BhandaR at mail.nlm.nih.gov
Tue Jul 8 16:26:02 EDT 2003

>We brought up the new architecture "sendmail -> trend micro -> sendmail +MD 
>+SA " into production, the system load looks very good, but we have 2 issuses:
>1. There are messages with dsn=4.0.0, stat=I/O error: I/O error got stuck 
>in the queue.  The log shows:
>    Jul  8 08:47:36 mail-a-eth0 sendmail[89]: [ID 801593 mail.info] 
>h67GiCUr009106: to=<xxxxx at haas.berkeley.edu>, dela
>y=23:03:20, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=local, pri=2008035, 
>relay=localhost.haas.berkeley.edu., dsn=4.0.0, stat=I/O error: I/O error
> .
> .

Hi Xiaoyan,

I run a -very- similar setup, and I started seeing the same I/O error.  I -did- find a TrendMicro doc (Solution 11707) which recommended adding the 'X' switch to the local mailer.  That didn't help.  I then tried without MD, and that didn't make a difference.

I think I've found the problem.  I run a caching DNS locally on the same box, and that seems to be having problems.  Taking it out of resolv.conf and using sendmail -v -qf seems to be clearing the queue nicely.

Hope this helps.


More information about the MIMEDefang mailing list