[Mimedefang] Using MD to defeat spam with embedded far-east URI's

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at peregrinehw.com
Sun Jul 20 20:49:00 EDT 2003

Honestly, I think this would be a good idea for a rule in SpamAssassin.
However, I wonder whether you are using some of the realtime blacklists for
SpamAssassin and the Razor feature because both of those could contribute to
that problem?

Have you configured your SpamAssassin to use Razor and perhaps looked into
any of the existing RBLs that SpamAssassin supports?

KAM

> I've been looking at my spam recently in the Quarantined directory
> and apart from the Nigerian guy who wants desparately to send me
> a million dollars, a pattern is appearing that appears not to be
> being caught which would give a higher hit rate of spam detection.
>
> Most if not all spam have URI's in them that resolve to
Korean/Chinese/Taiwan