[Mimedefang] Using MD to defeat spam with embedded far-east URI's

Matthew Hall leareth at angui.sh
Sun Jul 20 20:24:00 EDT 2003

> So my question is can this be done in MD easily ? What it esentially
> entails would be a filter to shove into an array any URI's appearing
> in the body and then reverse resolve and check against a static block
> list (i.e. all far-eastern classes) or against RBL ?

Well, I think you would need to parse for the URI/URL. Get a
raw IP value for it, and then use MD's relay_is_blacklisted
function, and use one of the RBL's that only returns geographic
codes. From that point, you would have to just match the return
value from relay_is_blacklisted against a known list of IP's
returned from the RBL as being "elsewhere".

--
It's always September somewhere on the 'net. | http://angui.sh
Another proud member of Eep's killfile.      | Unix Sys. Admin.
faster than others.                          | leareth at angui.sh