[Mimedefang] To stop spam checking of Internal mail

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at peregrinehw.com
Tue Jul 15 22:33:00 EDT 2003

Hmm, I don't really know the flow with this function will work for
mimedefang but perhaps something like this will help get the brain thinking.
My one worry is that you don't want to filter by IP but hey, it's just a
thought:

sub filter_relay {
    my($hostip, $hostname, $helo) = @_;

    if ($hostip eq '127.0.0.1' or $hostip =~ /^10\.10\.10\./) {
      #if the host IP matches local or a local subnet than mark spamassassin
as not available
      $Features{"SpamAssassin"} = 0;
    }

    return ('CONTINUE', 'ok');
}

KAM

> I am currently running MimeDefang+SpamAssassin on a test mail gateway.  I
don't want any mail coming from our subnets to go through  SpamAssassin
check, but only other check like viruses etc,  so that it will reduce the
load on the gateways. (We have got strict rules against spam originating
from our subnets)

> Currently I have got a rule in the
"/etc/mail/spamassassin/sa_mimedefang.cf" as:

> whitelist_from_rcvd    *@rmit.edu.au      rmit.edu.au
>
> The above line is doing the job , but I  think the mail still go through
the SpamAssassin check. Do someone knows the script that  can be used in
"/etc/mail/mimedefang-filter" file to stop spam checking of the trusted
subnets?