[Mimedefang] To stop spam checking of Internal mail

Mathew Thomas mathew.thomas at rmit.edu.au
Tue Jul 15 21:18:01 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I am currently running MimeDefang+SpamAssassin on a test mail gateway.  I don't want any mail coming from our subnets to go through  SpamAssassin check, but only other check like viruses etc,  so that it will reduce the load on the gateways. (We have got strict rules against spam originating from our subnets)

Currently I have got a rule in the "/etc/mail/spamassassin/sa_mimedefang.cf" as:

whitelist_from_rcvd    *@rmit.edu.au      rmit.edu.au

The above line is doing the job , but I  think the mail still go through the SpamAssassin check. Do someone knows the script that  can be used in "/etc/mail/mimedefang-filter" file to stop spam checking of the trusted subnets?

Thanks
Mathew Thomas
RMIT University
Australia