[Mimedefang] mimedefang.sock file not being created, mimedefang-multiplexor.sock is...

Matthew Hall leareth at angui.sh
Sat Jul 12 19:30:01 EDT 2003

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, Art Garret wrote:

> I am trying to setup Sendmail to work with mimedefang. I am running Redhat
> 9, Sendmail 8.12.8, and Mimedefang 2.35. Sendmail is compiled with milter
> support and I have installed libmilter. I installed mimedefang, all the perl
> modules, spamassassin and NAI uvscan per instructions at:

You know uvscan doesn't work under redhat 9, yes? I didn't have
any luck with it, and I know someone else wasn't able to get it
working either.,

> The permissions seem to be correct, however, the file mimedefang.sock isn't
> being created, only the mimedefang-multiplexor.sock file is being created. I

I get this occasionally when stopping/starting mimedefang to make my
new mimedefang-filter take effect. I keep stopping/starting until it
does get created.

--
It's always September somewhere on the 'net. | http://angui.sh
Another proud member of Eep's killfile.      | Unix Sys. Admin.
faster than others.                          | leareth at angui.sh