[Mimedefang] How to strip existing 'X-' lines from a message

G. Roderick Singleton gerry at pathtech.org
Thu Jul 10 07:50:01 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 18:10, G. Roderick Singleton wrote:
> I have added the following to my filter which is based on the
> contributed linux one:

Since my last query I have tried

        # Get rid of headers from other folks scanners and from nasty
fakers.
        action_delete_all_headers("X-");

in the hope that messages that make it to my UA would have pre-existing
X-* lines removed. This does not happen. So my question is why? As a
relatively new MD user whose reading of the code and docs has led me to
think that the action_delete_all_headers() function would do what I
want. This is obviously not so. I am trying to catch SPAM that comes
complete with MD/SA headers that can possibly fool my system.

So now that I'm totally confused, could some kind soul please unconfuse
me?

Thanks,
ger
--