[Mimedefang] Spam to the list admin

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Jul 4 20:08:01 EDT 2003

Hello,

Several list subscribers' mail systems are rejecting some list mail.
The worst offenders don't actually bounce the messages, but they
have filters that generate another message and send it to the list admin
(me).

The worst offenders send mail with the following subject:

"Network Associates Webshield - e-mail Content Alert"

Please be aware that I now bounce mail with this subject line,
as well as other things like virus alerts and such.

I consider such automatically-generated mail the worst kind of spam,
especially the virus notifications which just bother innocent third
parties.

If your organization generates this kind of spam and you aren't the
e-mail admin, please pass this message on to your e-mail admin. :-)