[Mimedefang] Simple test mimedefang, how ?

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Jul 2 08:26:01 EDT 2003

> Hi,
> I'm new on this list and welcome
> everybody.
>
> I want to test MIMEdefang if it works correctly
> I have sent from my second account .exe file as attachment
> and I'v received this e-mail.

So it obviously is not used.

> How can I check my Mimedefang ?
> Where is the problem ?

We all are no fortunetellers. You'll have to provide us with information off
syslog messages and other helpful infos about your system configuration.
Is mimedefang running? Have you modified the example mimedefang-filter?

> I have sendmail 8.12.8 on RH9 with MILTER.

Activated teh milter socket in sendmail.mc/.cf?

> Thanks for any help
>
> Regards,
>   grzybek

Alexander