[Mimedefang] Simple test mimedefang, how ?

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ansf.alcatel.fr
Wed Jul 2 08:00:01 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 12:55:01PM +0200, grzybek wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm new on this list and welcome
> everybody.
>
> I want to test MIMEdefang if it works correctly
> I have sent from my second account .exe file as attachment
> and I'v received this e-mail.
>
> How can I check my Mimedefang ?
> Where is the problem ?
>
> I have sendmail 8.12.8 on RH9 with MILTER.

Check that the message has been processed by MIMEDefang :
it should contain this header :

for instance (2.34 is the MIMEDefang version number, it may be something
elsein your case).
If not check your sendmail.mc file;

MIMEDefang by default does not bounce messages that contains .exe
attachments. Read /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter and customize it to
meet your requirements.

man mimedefang-filter will tell you which functions can be used
(action_bounce, action_discard, ...)

Regards,

SL/
---
Stephane Lentz
Alcanet International, Internet Services