[Mimedefang] MUST use client-queue runner?

Chad Stalvey cstalvey at hcsmail.com
Thu Jan 16 14:31:01 EST 2003

How do I go about doing that?  I installed MIMEDefang on our company's
mailserver which handles all of our eMail traffic.  If I start
sendmail in that mode, what does it do?  And how do I get the mail
since there is no sendmail daemon which would accept incoming msgs?

	In the mimedefang-filter you specify the email address to receive
notifications at.

I modified sendmail.mc to use the INPUT_MAIL_HANDLER as required.
Do I have to move that setting to submit.mc?  I copied over the
standard submit.mc from the sendmail distribution without
modification.

	You will have to rebuild sendmail.cf from sendmail.mc. From my
understanding though, you must compile sendmail to have    	milter support
when it was first installed. Otherwise, you'll have to recompile it with the
milter option. Look at the  	README in the libmilter directory of your
sendmail distribution.

At the moment I'm using sendmail in daemon mode and so far it seems to
work without problems.  Any clues how to set up that client-queue mode
properly?

	It sounds like you would do close to about the same as I run:
	#/path/to/sendmail/sendmail -bd
	#/path/to/sendmail/sendmail -Ac -qp30m

	It hasn't given me any problems so far.

Rainer