[Mimedefang] MUST use client-queue runner?

Rainer Koschnick arkay at gmx.net
Thu Jan 16 14:11:01 EST 2003

Hello,

in the readme it's stated that:

-----------

You *MUST* run a client-queue runner, because MIMEDefang now uses deferred
mode to deliver internally-generated messages.  We recommend running this
command as part of the Sendmail startup:

        sendmail -Ac -qp1m

-----------

How do I go about doing that?  I installed MIMEDefang on our company's
mailserver which handles all of our eMail traffic.  If I start
sendmail in that mode, what does it do?  And how do I get the mail
since there is no sendmail daemon which would accept incoming msgs?

I modified sendmail.mc to use the INPUT_MAIL_HANDLER as required.
Do I have to move that setting to submit.mc?  I copied over the
standard submit.mc from the sendmail distribution without
modification.

At the moment I'm using sendmail in daemon mode and so far it seems to
work without problems.  Any clues how to set up that client-queue mode
properly?

Rainer