[Mimedefang] Blacklist_to or spam trap?

Stefano McGhee SMcGhee at ARCweb.com
Wed Jan 15 16:42:02 EST 2003

Jim,
	That IS an interesting solution and I see how it could be more
efficient.  However, I recently started using stream_by_recipient to allow
some users to "opt-out" of SA filtering.  That is, of course, called in
filter_begin.  Your solution involves a change to filter_recipient.  (I
imagine that would involve adding a switch to the init script for MD as
well as defining a filter_recipient function in my mimedefang-filter file.)
I was worried about the filter recipient taking place too late, but
according to the fabulous comments provided at the I top of the filter
file, I see that filter_recipient is called ahead of filter_begin.  This
would seem to work.  I'll give it a try.  Thanks for the code sample.  I'll
look it over and test it.  BTW, isn't the 0 deprecated? :-)

return (0, "Invalid recipient in envelope")

Is it now

return (REJECT, "Invalid recipient in envelope")

Thanks a lot,

Stefano