[Mimedefang] Sendmail Question

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue Jan 14 15:36:02 EST 2003

Chad Stalvey wrote:

>cstalvey:*:1983:1983:Chad Stallvey:/home/cstalvey:/usr/local/bin/tcsh
>
>I sent a mass email out. One customer writes me back and says "Can you
>correct the spelling of my name to Stalvey instead of Stallvey?"

    This isn't a sendmail, nor mimedefang question.  All this person is
trying to do is fix the typo in their Full Name field in the passwd
file.  To do this, depending on your OS, you could run 'chfn' (if
available) which will prompt you for several tidbits, one of which is
the Full Name of the user.  This will then fix the passwd file
accordingly.  And if you don't have that, you can manually edit your
password file, just don't muck with anything else.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.