[Mimedefang] Stream_by_recipient

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Jan 6 11:48:01 EST 2003

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Stefano McGhee wrote:

> Thanks David.  Do you have an example of that?  I can understand MD not
> rereading the SA config file for each message; the config file shouldn't
> change between messages.  However, after breaking up the original message
> into separate messages, shouldn't it be evaluated differently based on who
> the message is now individually destined for?

No, because SpamAssassin lacks that information.  The To: header on the
repeated messages is the same.

> Otherwise, what would be the
> purpose of stream_by_recipient?  I must really be missing something...:-)

You need to call one of the SpamAssassin functions to reread extra
configuration information based on the recipient.  See the
Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf man page, and the Mail::SpamAssassin one,
especially the read_scoreonly_config method.  See also the
$SASpamTester entry in mimedefang-filter.

What you're trying to do is a bit complex, I'm afraid. :-(