[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.30 is released

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Feb 14 14:48:00 EST 2003

Hi,

MIMEDefang 2.30 is released; it's at the usual:

	http://www.roaringpenguin.com/mimedefang/#download

Major changes from 2.29:

* Added a mechanism to keep state between filter_relay, filter_sender,
  filter_recipient and the other filter functions.

* Added "-M" option to protect directory creation with a Mutex; may be
  required on busy Solaris servers.

* Minor bug fixes and documentation cleanups

Full changelog follows.

2003-02-14  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	* Version 2.30 RELEASED

	* mimedefang-multiplexor.c: On systems that support wait3 and fill
	in the usage structure, we log the slave's system and user CPU
	usage when it exits.  The autoconf test is not too reliable on
	Solaris; sorry...

	* Create the temporary spool directory before calling filter_relay;
	store it in $CWD for filter_relay, filter_sender, filter_recipient,
	and the other filter functions, so we can pass state around.

2003-01-28  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	* Officially deprecated non-use of the multiplexor.  I plan
	on dropping support for non-multiplexor operation by 31 July 2003.

	* mimedefang.c: A few typos fixed.

	* mimedefang.c: Better syslog messages on certain system call failures.

	* mimedefang.c: Added -M option to protect work directory
	creation with a mutex.

	* mimedefang.pl.in: resend_message returns a meaningful value
	(true on success; false on failure.)

2003-01-27  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	* mimedefang.c (envfrom): Fix potential descriptor leak.  Problem
	noted by Nik Clayton.

	* mimedefang.c (envfrom): Fixed some incorrect syslog messages.
	Problem noted by Nik Clayton.

	* mimedefang-multiplexor.c: Add handling for filter_cleanup, that
	lets you run Perl code just before a slave is killed.  Based on
	a suggestion by Brian Landers.

2003-01-22  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	* Version 2.29 RELEASED