[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.30-BETA-2 is available
David F. Skoll
dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Feb 10 13:59:00 EST 2003
MIMEDefang 2.30-BETA-2 is available at:
The major change is a new "-M" flag to mimedefang(8). This protects
the portion of the code that attempts to create a working directory
with a MUTEX. Note that according to the POSIX threads standard, such
protection should *not* be necessary, because mkdir(2) is supposed to
be thread-safe and atomic. However, some people have observed problems
on heavily-loaded Solaris machines; if you've seen error messages from
MIMEDefang complaining that it can't create a work directory, please
try the -M flag.
Full changelog to 2.29 follows.
2003-01-28 David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>
* Officially deprecated non-use of the multiplexor. I plan
on dropping support for non-multiplexor operation by 31 July 2003.
* mimedefang.c: A few typos fixed.
* mimedefang.c: Better syslog messages on certain system call failures.
* mimedefang.c: Added -M option to protect work directory
creation with a mutex.
* mimedefang.pl.in: resend_message returns a meaningful value
(true on success; false on failure.)
2003-01-27 David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>
* mimedefang.c (envfrom): Fix potential descriptor leak. Problem
noted by Nik Clayton.
* mimedefang.c (envfrom): Fixed some incorrect syslog messages.
Problem noted by Nik Clayton.
* mimedefang-multiplexor.c: Add handling for filter_cleanup, that
lets you run Perl code just before a slave is killed. Based on
a suggestion by Brian Landers.
2003-01-22 David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>
* Version 2.29 RELEASED
More information about the MIMEDefang