Fw: [Mimedefang] Filter Timed out.

Tony Nugent tony at linuxworks.com.au
Mon Feb 10 06:19:01 EST 2003

On Mon Feb 10 2003 at 16:25, "Helpdesk - iWavesystems.com" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I still am not able to solve this problem, I get this error occasionally
> where do I look for help on this.

The man page and other documentation?

> > > I am getting the following error in mail log, I am using mimedefang-2.12
> > > on Sendmail 8.12.4, for Mimedefang-filter I have not modified any settings

(These are older versions of both sendmail and mimedefang).

> > > The system load is not much because never does the Mail server cross 30%
> > > Cpu or Memory Load, and only mail server is the only service running on it.

It isn't a load problem...

> > > Log:
> > > Feb  4 09:26:49 mail mimedefang[28560]: Error from multiplexor:
> > >       ERR Filter timed out - check filter rules or system load
> > > Feb  4 09:26:49 mail sendmail[28559]: h143qXxI028559:
> > >      Milter: data, reject=451 4.7.1 Please try again later

That's a temp fail due to a problem in your filter.

Did you try checking the syntax?

Perhaps the error is triggered by a specific condition or subroutine
in your filter caused by something specific in some messages?
Without looking at your filter it is hard to know.  (Please don't
post it to the list without trimming it considerably to remove
non-essential comments and so on).

> > > Is this something to do with the Bandwidth or filter only.

You filter, definitely.

Did you try testing it with this?

	mimedefang.pl -f /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter -test

> > > Manjunath H N

Cheers
Tony