[Mimedefang] Re: What to do about bounced forgeries?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Dec 22 09:17:55 EST 2003

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> The main problem with implementing SPF at my company is being caused by
> internet service providers blocking port 25 outbound.

Actually, SPF is a terrific idea, but until a large fraction of the Internet
uses it, it won't be very helpful.

I think SPF will have to be forced in by decree.  It will take
something like AOL, Hotmail, Yahoo and Earthlink banding together and
saying "Starting January 1, 2005, we will not accept mail from domains
that do not have SPF TXT records."

It's the only way.