[Mimedefang] Logging prereqs -- md_log errors

Tim Pushor timp at crossthread.com
Mon Dec 15 14:15:46 EST 2003

Probably a long shot, but a while back (when I first installed
MIMEDefang) for some reason, my /var/log directory (where the syslog
socket was) was changed to mode 600, which stopped non-root users from
writing to it.

I am still not quite sure how that happened, but when I ran mimedefang
manually, I did it as root, and it worked, but running it as the
mimedefang user didn't.

I almost pulled all my hair out trying to debug the problem.

Good luck,
Tim

<snip>