[Mimedefang] Logging prereqs -- md_log errors

Matthew Thomas mthomas at biocontrolsys.com
Mon Dec 15 14:06:49 EST 2003

I suppose I should provide a bit more info.
Suse Linux 9.0
Sendmail 8.12.10
MIMEDefang 2.39
Spamassassin 2.61

I currently have commented out the md_log_enable('Mail') line in the
mimedefang-filter in order to avoid all mail being rejected with the 451
4.7.1 response.  Now only spam is being rejected with that message due to
the md_log('Spam',$hits,$relayaddr) line in filter_end.  When I comment out
that line, all mails start being rejected again (not sure why that is
either).

Dec 15 11:03:51 gateway mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 4 stderr: Undefined
subrou
tine &main::md_log called at /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter line 374.
Dec 15 11:03:51 gateway mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 4 died prematurely --
chec
k your filter rules

Line 374 is the md_log line
When md_log_enable is uncommented, I get the same error, but failing at that
line instead.

I've got Sys::Syslog installed and up to date.

I'm not sure what I'm missing.  Could it be a syslog misconfiguration?

Thanks,
Matt Thomas