[Mimedefang] 'remove_redundant_html_parts called outside of filter_end' problem

Justin listuser at numbnuts.net
Thu Dec 11 14:06:59 EST 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, alan premselaar wrote:

> I'm guessing it's somewhere around here:
>
> and the double } in this area might be throwing off your balance, which is
> why you had to comment out the last }  ...

I think you might be right.  I'm going through it right now with a rested
mind and I can't figure out what my logic was for most of this.  I can't
tell if my action_delete_header lines are actually doing anything.  I
think I need to scrap it and start over since this is seriously hosed. :(

> I had issues like this awhile back where CLAMD wasn't connecting to the
> socket and failing to start, causing my MD filter to tempfail when calling
> it.. it happened after an auto-update (using freshclam) ... i had to delete
> the virus databases and run freshclam by hand to generate new databases to
> fix it.  so, it could be related to a CLAMD/CLAMAV failure or just taking
> too much time to process the mail.  I'd check there first...

I dumped the dbs this morning and reran freshclam.  It didn't download a
main.cvd this time but it did download daily.cvd and viruses.db.  It
didn't report any errors...  I'm waiting to see if it fails again.

> However, with the problems you have in your filter syntax, I'd first fix
> those and then monitor your tempfails.  if they go away, it was just
> something with the filter.

Yeah, I'm working on the bad logic in my filter right now.  I wish I was a
Perl buff right about now. :)

It looks like MD is still continuing to temp fail on infected email.  I'm
going to work out the logic kinks and come back to this problem.  Since
you're a clamav users, tell me something.  I should disable clamav via
./configure and use clamd instead, shouldn't I?

Thanks
 Justin