[Mimedefang] Quarantine based on content

Cormack, Ken kcormack at acs.roadway.com
Tue Aug 5 15:52:01 EDT 2003

Stefano,

Thanks for changing the subjectline.  I realized once I clicked "send", that
I'd forgotten to change the subject-line.  (It's like realizing your keys
are in the ignition, but you still slam the locked car door!)

Redirection to another account sounds like a good compromise between "tell
no one", and "scream at deaf ears".  However, one would assume the Exchange
admins could simply monitor the existing Trend quarantine directory on the
Exchange server, to acheive that goal.  Simply offloading that task to the
Unix group (me), doesnt thrill me either.

Ideally, I think the best option may just be to wait until the sendmail
"spillover host" that I proposed gets budgeted for.  Then, if a message
doesnt get delivered on the first try, it would be off-loaded to the
spill-over to deal with.  The primary server's queue could remain small,
clean, and speedy, while the congested backlog (including undeliverable
bounce-backs from Trend) is moved to a second host.  But I digress, and
that's off-topic.

Anyway, thanks again, Stefano.  :)

Ken