[Mimedefang] Incoming specific email address

Jerry Vonau jvonau at winnipegmotorexpress.com
Fri Aug 29 21:53:00 EDT 2003

Hi:

I think your both right.... (see below)
but what is in  /etc/mail/spamassassin *should not* be overwritten
with an upgrade....  I'm a bit new at this, haven't done an upgrade yet....
Can anybody confirm this for me??

>> Any file named *.cf in the /etc/mail/spamassassin/ directory should get
>> parsed.  So I believe you can make a blacklist.cf and a whitelist.cf or a
>>whitelist_username.cf, etc., etc.

>That should be /usr/share/spamassassin

>  Jason

Jerry

from man spamassassin:

CONFIGURATION FILES
       The rule base, text templates, and rule description text are loaded
       from the configuration files.

       By default, configuration data is loaded from the first existing direc-
       tory in: /usr/share/spamassassin; /usr/share/spamassassin;
       /usr/local/share/spamassassin; /usr/share/spamassassin.

       The configuration data in the first existing directory in:
       /etc/mail/spamassassin; /usr/etc/mail/spamassassin; /usr/etc/spamassas-
       sin; /usr/local/etc/spamassassin; /usr/pkg/etc/spamassassin;
       /usr/etc/spamassassin; /etc/mail/spamassassin; /etc/spamassassin are
       used to override any values which had already been set

       Spamassassin will read *.cf in these directories, in alphanumeric order
       within each directory (similar to SysV-style startup scripts).  In
       other words, it will read 10_misc.cf before 50_scores.cf and
       20_body_tests.cf before 20_head_test.cf.  Options in later files will
       override earlier files.

       The user preferences (such as scores to attach to each rule), are
       loaded from the file specified in the -p argument.  If this is not
       specified, ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs is used if it exists.  "spamas-
       sassin" will create this file if it does not exist, using
       user_prefs.template as a template.  This file will be looked for in:
       /etc/mail/spamassassin; /usr/etc/mail/spamassassin; /usr/share/spamas-
       sassin; /etc/spamassassin; /etc/mail/spamassassin;
       /usr/local/share/spamassassin; /usr/share/spamassassin.