[Mimedefang] Incoming specific email address

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Sat Aug 30 13:45:01 EDT 2003

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Jerry Vonau wrote:

> I think your both right.... (see below)

I'm pretty sure only I am :-)  We're not running "spamassassin" (the
perl script who's man page you reference), what it does is irrelevant.
...unless you're using SA outside of MD, in which case you shouldn't be
posting about it on this list.

> but what is in  /etc/mail/spamassassin *should not* be overwritten
> with an upgrade....  I'm a bit new at this, haven't done an upgrade yet....
> Can anybody confirm this for me??

Confirmed.  MD's 'make install' used to overwrite the config file, but
that was loooong ago.  Look at the Makefile, around line 199.  If
/etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf exists it'll install the sample
SA configuration as /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf.example
...or when you get to the point where you'd run 'make install', run 'make
-n install' first and you can see what it will do when you run it without
the -n.

  Jason

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA