[Mimedefang] No Notification to Sender

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Thu Aug 28 10:07:01 EDT 2003

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Dimitris Papadiotis wrote:

> I am using MIMEDefang 2.33, sendmail 8.12.9 on a RedHat 8.0 system.
> Everything works fine except that the system does not return any
> notification to the sender of a message that contains an attachment that was
> quarantined. The recipient and the administrator both receive notifications.

   MIMEDefang sends those out in deferred mode, so you have to have a
queue runner (second sendmail) to process those messages.  Do you have
that running?

   That being said, the MD author strongly suggests (as do I, as do most
MD users) that you not use this function unless you are quite sure where
an email is coming from.  In particular, you should never use
action_notify_sender when you quarantine a virus, since they fake the
sender address.  But if you do use it, make sure you have a sendmail queue
runner.

   HTH...

Jim