[Mimedefang] How to discard mail silently when it contains bad

John.Mathews at events.wvu.edu John.Mathews at events.wvu.edu
Wed Aug 27 11:51:02 EDT 2003

 # drop all pif messages -zrd 8/19/2003
$drop_exts = '(pif|scr)';
if (re_match($entity, $drop_exts)) {
md_graphdefang_log("SLU dropping file $fname from $RelayAddr");
return action_discard();
}

Thank you Ray; that is exactly what was needed here for the short term; I
tried pretty much the same thing, but my placement in the file was wrong.
Just above the virus scanner was the right place for it.
I too have noted where the virus is coming from, even considerd making a
script for the Cisco access lists, but the stuff is coming from all over.

As was mentioned previously, now we need to look at filtering those pesky
'you sent a virus' notices coming from
clueless scanners.
tks